Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wedding at Red Cedar Farms - Holly and Cody



























































































wedding at red cedar farms

wedding at red cedar farms































Red Cedar Farms wedding by Clane Gessel Photography






































I'm honored to have been a part of Cody and Holly's amazing wedding at Red Cedar Farms!  Their love story as told by the bride:

"Cody and I met at college.  It was his first year at WSU (he was a transfer student) and it was my third and final year.  He lived in the residence hall that I was working in.  I didn't notice him until one of my coworkers did some snooping and found out he liked me.  Then I really saw how kindly and respectfully he treated me even though our chances of dating were very slim (RA/resident relationships are HIGHLY discouraged, conflict of interest, blah blah blah).  I had never had a serious boyfriend and was just getting over a serious heartbreak that year.  But I decided to take a risk and ask my boss for permission to date Cody.  Surprisingly, he was super supportive and totally gave us a green light to date!  Sick of waiting around for guys (that was the source of my heartbreak) I dove head first into this relationship.

As our relationship progressed, things got pretty serious quick.  Neither of us was interested in playing games or messing around.  I wanted to know if he was worth my time so I wouldn't waste it if the relationship wasn't going anywhere. He fell head over heels.  (He swears to this day, he knew he'd marry me within 3 days of starting to date.)  The more we got to know each other, the more we realized that we were very different.  But not in a polar-opposites-abrasive way.  Our differences balanced each other.  I'm a loud, reckless (but not irresponsible) creative type.  He is a a grounded, thoughtful and quieter man.  I draw him out of his shell and he keeps my feet on the ground.  But above all, our devotion to Christ unites us more than anything else and is the glue that holds us together.  

Our journey through wedding planning has been nuts.  I've been working 2 jobs the whole time. All of my bridesmaids are from out of town. He's been in school and working part time.  When we first got engaged, I wanted to elope and he was the one who wanted the wedding.  We ultimately chose the wedding. And I think it will be an amazing day.  But here is the secret I wish someone would have told me before we started this wedding: Wedding planning sucks.  You have budget constraints. Not all your best friends will be able to make it.  You will have to make compromises because this isn't just your wedding, it's a wedding for two families to come together.  Plans will change.  Visions will shift.  But what's gotten us through this season is the knowledge that at the end of the day, the wedding is just a party.  And we think it can (and should be) an awesome party.  We believe marriage is sacred and worth celebrating.  But at the end of the day, the most important thing is marrying my best friend and love.  We are choosing to begin a brand new life together and we are committing to stick it out for the rest of our lives.  That is what both of us are most excited about. No doubt, marriage will be the hardest thing we will ever attempt to do.  But I believe anything worth having is worth working hard for."