Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TS-E 45mm F/2.8 - Class November 5th

I had 13 lenses a month ago.. and with 13 lenses there isn't a lot you can't do as far as photographic abilities.  I have a selective focus 24mm lens (TS-E 24mm F/3.5L II) and wanted something that shot a little tighter.. so I added lens number 14: Canon's 45mm tilt-shift.  This lens allows for selective focus at a closer range, and this shot alone makes me happy I bought this lens, note how the couple in the photo is selectively focused and it blurs to the left and right of them.. that's 100% the lens, there is no Photoshop whatsoever in this photo.  Allowing yourself as a photographer to not only control what is in the frame but also what people's eyes are drawn to via selective focus is a great tool to have.

If you'd like to attend a free class on Monday, November 5th, I'll be talking about what it takes to be successful in the business of wedding photography.  Seats are free, but limited.  Reserve yours on the Seattle SMUG site here.  There will be an hour of Q and A as well, come on out if you're free.