Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tokyo, Japan







































Everything about Japan was amazing, nothing but great things to say about the entire trip.  Kyoto was amazing, Tokyo was crazy, but very different than I thought it would be.  Everyone was ridiculously nice, the country was super safe, even in Tokyo.  It was (as you would imagine) very dense, and the city of 35 million goes on as far as the eye can see.  The Tokyo Sky Tree, now the tallest tower in the world, was just completed two months before I arrived there.  Everyone has a great work ethic, and integrity is the mantra for everyone I encountered.  People were polite, honest, nice, and most everyone spoke English.  Tokyo had two independent monorail lines, two light rail systems run by separate companies, and a subway.  Getting around would have been much easier if I understood the language.  I was able to visit Harajuku, Shabuya the business district, Tokyo Station and the Tokyo Dome while I was there.  Truly great time, met some great people and had a blast.