Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the air again...

In more ways than one..
But I know where I'm going and I know how to get there.. it's not unlike the way I got to where I am today.
I'm currently off Kauai, on the Big Island of Hawaii for two days of R&R before I travel to Montana for my next wedding this coming weekend... If you can't tell... lately I've been taking my life and work in a new direction... getting back to the roots of why I got into this and where I want to go... it's started with my love for my work, seven years ago with no formal training in photography whatsoever. Never had a single photography class. Being self-taught, I've always felt like my images are unfettered by other people's influence, no one has ever told me how to shoot or what looks 'right'. There are no limits to what can be done... this edge is what has gotten me to where I am, and will take me where I am going. While photos content is objective, the meaning within each one is subjective.. no one should ever tell you what to think or how to feel about a photo, the meaning comes from within.. and how I feel about my work is love. I am so grateful and honored to be able to do exactly what I love. Most people never know what it's like, and can't imagine the gratification it brings. I absolutely love what I do, and I've always strived to bring this love through. With some introspection, hard work, newfound moxie, engulfed in work and focusing on things through a different light.. it's all about the love again for me. Doing what you truly love will bring success and happiness if you never forget why you got started.