Saturday, November 13, 2010

In Memory of Gessner Brown

I met Gessner way back before I started this blog and we had been very close since. One of my closest friends, everyone who knew him would agree that he was truly fun and easy to be around. He inspired me to get involved in charity work, and I've been doing shoots for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (Seattle chapter) because of him.
Through trips to Belize and Death Valley together, I got to know Gess really well. He shot a number of weddings alongside me and I always enjoyed hanging out with him.
I get upset when people say he was a victim of CF. He was never a victim, he was a 32 year survivor. I only hope that his life was a little better because I was in it. A truly great friend and person. I'll miss you Gess.

A memorial reception/celebration of life for M. Gessner Brown will be held today, November 13th, 2-6 pm at Anthony’s HomePort Shilshole Bay, 6135 Seaview Avenue Northwest, Seattle, WA 98107 (206) 783-0780. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.