Sunday, January 10, 2010

85mm F/1.2L II

85mm f/1.2L II
85mm f/1.2L III have added a new lens to my lineup for 2010. It's the 85mm F/1.2L II, the definitive wedding lens. I now have the two fastest lenses on the consumer market, the other being the 50mm F/1.2L. To be honest, I'm not expecting a major change in the way my photography looks, but I think it will be at least a little noticeable. I have a wedding this coming weekend, and am excited to see what I come up with. Being an F/1.2, it's a full stop and a half lower than the $350 F/1.8, which should be beneficial, especially on a full-frame sensor. It does have it's costs, though. Besides it's hefty price tag it weighs a full 2.5lbs, which is almost as heavy as my zoom lens (70-200 F/2.8L IS USM). This adds a valuable weapon to my lens arsenal, and I'm hoping my appetite for new toys is satisfied for a while.

Read the full review on the 85mm F/1.2L II from Ken Rockwell