Monday, November 2, 2009

Meet Krista


Most of the time I'm a one man show. However, some of you know that I collaborated with Krista on several projects this year including her wedding, and the photos have been amazing.
Since then, I've asked her to come along and give me a hand at a number of weddings, her style and unique skill set seem to perfectly compliment how I work. She adds style and flair which can easily be seen in the photo shoots we do together. Understanding her background helps explain why. Krista is a Seattle area textile and fashion designer with her own (very) successful business- owner of kristahandbags.com, her handbags have a unique style and are sold locally and abroad. Like me, Krista is the owner of a small business and understands the demands that go into something worthy of putting your name on.

Krista started her design career early, making clothes for her family from scratch at the age of 8. She gained notoriety by entering textile contests at the Washington State Fair and taking first place year after year, 10 years in all. Her designs were hung at local fabric stores with the first place ribbons she won and. People were surprised to find out that a 12 year old was behind it, and she started getting people coming to her with various quilting and custom design jobs. She quickly gained a reputation among peers for her edgy style and attention to detail. I am honored to now have her bring her talents to the world of photography! Ideas and styles are fresh and artistic. Having worked together recently (including my most recent wedding in New York), I am happy to announce that she has joined me in a more permanent position and will be doing most of my shoots with me from now on. Stay tuned for more amazing images inspired by the newest member of my team. I am proud to have her on board!