Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How Fortunate I Am

To be a photographer in an extremely competitave Seattle market where everyone and their dog think they are a photographer. Just because someone goes out and buys a $600 DSLR they think they are a photog. How grateful I am to be able to make it doing what I love- taking wedding and landscape pictures- and making a living doing it. There's this joke I've heard many, many times:

How do you get the professional photographer off your front porch?
Pay him for the pizza.

And it's true, SO many professional photographers have "day" jobs. I recognize how fortunate I am to be in the Space Needle and have some of the most amazing couples this year! Thanks to all who make my job possible!

I am on Kauai shooting a wedding... cell phone service seems to be sparse at best. If you need to contact me please send me an email: clane {at} clanegessel {dot} com