Friday, August 28, 2009

Wow, Just Wow- Sony A850 DSLR

I heard that Sony is unveiling a new full-frame DSLR for under $2000. It's a 24.5 megapixel compact body SLR- utilizing the same sensor as the flagship A900. Insane that a 24 megapixel full-frame sensor body is on the market for less than $2000. I thought this a year ago when I heard about the A900, and I will repeat it: Sony will be a major player in the future of DSLRs. I would go so far as to say that Sony may overtake Nikon as major competition to Canon. Sony has the money and power to do whatever they want- and they keep making better and cheaper bodies. Sony seems to be a more and more competitive choice in the DSLR game. Sony is doing a very good job of luring shooters of the competition over to their side. Not to mention they have Zeiss lenses. More info on this camera HERE.