Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let's see...

...What's going on with me? I normally don't like to spill the beans until everything is finalized, but I'll go ahead and talk. Winter is a great time to take photos. However, being a student at the University of Washington, I am limited with road trips and where I can go with my photography for right now. I am trying my best to make good use of the time anyway. After the success with the first Tully's store, I achieved a contract for a second store, this time in Downtown Seattle. I normally wouldn't say anything, but the photos are printed and I'm just waiting for the extra-large canvas to cure (Yes, it is my biggest canvas print to date-one photo, one canvas, 48 inches wide at 300 DPI!). I am done updating clanegessel.com with new photos and lower landscape print prices. I also discovered a company who will print my photography on anything- wood, cardboard, canvas, glass, even metal. Perfect for couples who want Christmas ornaments, T-shirts, refrigerator magnets, or just about anything else. I am also working on a third website which I will release sometime hopefully before the spring. It will contain all of the landscapes/wedding/portrait photos you've seen in the past, plus some you haven't, as well as the complete story behind me and each one of my photos. It's a site with unlimited potential, and will be modeled closely after my friend Tom's photoseek.com, with a "magazine" cascading feel and straight html coding. I am building it right now, and I’m having a lot of fun.
More to come, stay tuned!