Thursday, November 29, 2007

JVH Festival Outcome



So, what’s been going on with me the last couple weeks? The JVH Digital Festival was a great experience. Out of 96 entrees I placed 6th, which was good enough to win a brand new 8gb Ipod nano, but the real reward was just being there. The photography throughout was beautiful and I didn’t realize what a big deal this festival was. A complete list of the top 10 winners should be posted here soon: www.jvhtech.com/winners.php, although last time I checked it was still last year’s winners. It was a great place to meet people with similar interests and hobbies, and to see the latest and greatest in digital printing. The photos are courtesy of Sean Rankin of Rankin Images
On quite a different note, my car was totaled since my last entry. I was parked in the U district at the 4200 block of University Way when a lady driving a truck was parallel parking in front of me. I guess she didn’t see my car because she backed right up on it, damaging the hood, front bumper, and headlights. It really wasn't a bad experience until she decided to flee the scene, and I had to chase her down and call the police. As for the car, it’s still drivable but it may be the excuse I've been looking for to buy a motorcycle, so we'll see.