Saturday, November 10, 2007

Spokane

I spent some time in Spokane this weekend for a few wedding consultations. I always love visiting Spokane, and sometimes I’ll look for excuses to go visit. I enjoy the layout of the city; it seems easier to navigate around than Seattle because it was planned better and has room to grow. There is so much to do there, and it often goes overlooked by people visiting the Northwest. The riverfront park was created after Spokane hosted Expo ’74 and has great views of Spokane Falls. It also has a Skyride, a 5-story IMAX, a carousel and lots of other rides and concessions. I was also impressed by Manito Park when I shot a wedding there last year. It is a beautiful park and Japanese garden roughly the size of the Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle, but features hundreds of different species of flowers as well as a rose garden. The downtown area is also unique and has quite the nightlife, hosting hundreds of bars and restaurants.